Founded in the year 2000, Afterblue, Inc. is a privately held corporation based in Toronto, Canada. Our clients include organizations from various sectors in North America and Europe.
We are hiring!
Please email your resume to christina at afterblue dot com. Direct hire full time or contract - no agencies please
Technical Project Managers
- Infrastructure integration projects
- Hardware refresh projects, storage, appliances, network, security
- Server build process, decommissions, datacenter process interactions
- Managing functional and offshore delivery teams
- Managing infrastructure changes and cutovers
- Customer status reporting, meetings and interactions
- Effectively oversee and manage a team with a staffing model of internal and external, on-shore and off-shore resources on a program for a Large Insurance Company, supporting two co-mingled projects. Position is based in Dallas / Plano area or Toronto, Canada
- Develop best practices and procedures to be used by the entire team which spans two internal projects
- Administer and maintain HP Quality Center / ALM including creating projects and users, customizing workflows, and training
- Responsible for creating detailed project plans and work breakdown structure plans to illustrate resource allocation and scheduling tasks
- Responsible for overseeing the development of testing artifacts based on the test plans developed by Project BAs and SMEs
- Responsible for working with Technical Staff and QA Team Staff to identify / create test data to validate current state as well as future state testing
- Participate in regular meetings with upper management to communicate accomplishments, plans and issues as well as any risks to the project's progress
- Assist in the development and execution of automated test scripts using in a complex online and batch-oriented mainframe environment
- Serve as contact between project team, client and development team, for all test activities
- 15 – 20 Years in a Test Management roll leading diverse teams of technical and business resources in the execution of testing programs to validate application functionality.
- Extensive testing experience in a mainframe and distributed computing environment
- IBM Mainframe CICS MVS experience
- Excellent Communication, Leadership, Team building, Technical & Analytical Skills with proven abilities in resolving complex testing issues
- Insurance Industry experience
- Experienced in project execution including planning, business analysis, requirements
- Experience in writing and executing Test Process, Planning & Estimation, Test Strategies and test cases, performing all types of testing including functional, automation, load, performance, security, code-coverage, ad-hoc, for Mainframe and Client Server applications.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of functional testing, regression testing, automation testing and full SDLC testing.
- Duties include analyzing business requirements for testability and completeness using Business Requirements Documents and Technical Design Documents, developing requirements into test conditions, cases and scripts, development and execution of automated scripts using HP QC / ALM.
- Create and Maintain all test scripts, test cases, use cases and test plans necessary to execute full life cycle testing of business requirements
- Responsible for reviewing test cases and other testing artifacts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all test artifacts.
- Responsible for the execution of test cases to validate functional and non-functional business requirements and compare test results to expected results.
- Familiarity with database queries and the ability to create input data and verify data updates
- Coordinates testing, reports and tracks testing problems by providing reproducible test cases, works with other product team members to diagnose and recreate problems as well as prioritize and implement solutions and close problem reports.
- Bachelor's degree in any Technical discipline
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Test tool experience (HP/QC ALM Preferred)
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong time and task management skills
- High level of motivation and excellent work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent problem identification and solving ability
- Ability to work within a team and individually
- Ability to write and execute detailed and accurate test plans
- Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks